Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Life

I have erased my beginning to this blog so many times because I don't know what to say.  Tonight I went to a funeral for my softball coach from the time I was in first grade until high school. Tonight I saw so many girls that I considered family years ago, for the first time in over a decade. I don't really think I got upset over his death alone, but the memories that he carried.  As we get older and move on in life, we forget about things or people in our childhood. I have been lucky enough to hold onto a few of those friends. Thank god!  Tonight made me think of times that my life was simple and I was happy and satisfied with who was in my everday life. they were my family! If it wasn't softball, it was sleep overs or camp Ondesonk. So many things we did together made life so simple and fun. Our parents made that happen for us and Mike was a big part of that! I tried to explain it to Kenny tonight, but surprise, he didnt understand. No matter what,  your past is a part of you and has helped to make you who you are. Tonight I gave my respects to someone that was intricate in my pre-teen years and helped to give me the stablity that I needed. I will always respect you Mike and grateful for all you did for us girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment