Saturday, September 24, 2011

Call you back in 15 years

We all know life can get so busy and time can slip away from you, but when you work full time and have an 8 and 3 year old, time seems like it is on fast forward. It is hard enough to prioritize things between my work and family life, I can hardly fit personal things in. When I am able to, it usually involves the kids in one way or another.  This is how my life is right now and I am ok with that.  I would rather give up a night out with the girls to spend it with my kids playing uno or watching a movie. Right now my kids want to be around me and want me to play games with them. I personally think that there will be plenty of time to go "out" when they have grown up more. Didn't we make a  decision when we had our kids to put them first? Yes, we still need time for ourselves, but how often can you use that excuse?   I am only speaking for myself and in no way talking bad about any one's parenting.   Some of my friends go out more than others and it makes me sad from time to time but I realize that being with my kids right now is what I would rather be doing.  I know I would regret it if I didn't. i just felt the need to write what i was thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment