Thursday, September 22, 2011

Getting to know Melissa

This seems to be a popular blog and I have yet to do this, so today I am going to blog 10 things that most of  you do not know about me.  I think this will be a fun blog, at my expense of course, but it is long overdue. I need to give you guys an insight into some of my secrets. This blog is called Schmidt Secrets.....

1. I sleep with my very own pillow pet every night! I am actually not too ashamed because if you have ever felt one of these things you would know how amazingly soft and comfortable they are.  Olivia got one for Christmas and I found myself stealing it when she would fall asleep.  Well I guess Kenny noticed it too, because he got me a valentine's day puppy pillow pet as my Valentine's day gift!  So now every night Olivia and I get our pillow pets and head to the bed. Love it!

2. When I was younger I was afraid that my boobies were going to be lop sided so I actually did exercises to make sure they were both equally the same size!  Seriously, I was worried about this. I found this exercise thing that my mom had and I think it was for your arms, but I thought it would help strengthen my boobs so that they would be big and the same size.  It's embarrassing, but I was young and everyone knows we have crazy thoughts when we were growing up.

3. When I got married I wanted my grandpa to walk down the isle with me and my dad. I wanted my grandpa on one side of me and my dad on the other side. My grandpa has been like a father to me my entire life and I felt he deserved that honor as well as my dad. Sadly, it wasn't possible because the isle wasn't big enough for three people to walk down. I had to settle with a special dance between my grandpa and I during my reception.  It was still a special moment.

4. For my wedding, I actually paid two different stylist to do my hair. So it was the day of my wedding and my bridesmaid, Stephanie, and I went to get our hair done together. I had never been to this hairdresser, but went there on a referral.  Well this girl slicked all my hair back and put it into a tight bun at the top. Maybe cute for someone with a better profile than myself, but it did not look good on me. So I walked past another hair dresser, in the same salon, and she could tell I wasn't happy, so she offered to fix my hair and redo the style.  I took her up on the offer, paid her and even sat there while the first hairdresser walked by me.  Oh well, the bride must be happy, right???

5. When i was younger, I had a bit of a mischievous streak in me. I actually had two of my girlfriends over to my house while my parents were gone and I decided to lock the dead bolt on them, which locked them inside my house and rode my bike back and forth in front of the house while they were standing at the window yelling for me.  I thought it was hilarious but got in big trouble later when my parents found out.  My friends have since forgiven me and we can all laugh about it now.

6. I am infatuated with Elvis. I know I wasn't around for his singing, sensational career, but I still love him!  I took an elective in college that was titled "Elvis and the Apocalypse" and it was all over from there. the obsession started.

7. My first car when I turned 16 was a 1977 Chrysler New Port. When my mom took me to get it, I thought she was playing a practical joke on me. There was no way this big, blue boat was my first car!!!  No joke...it was. This thing could easily fit 4 people in the front and about 5 in the back. The blinkers were on top of the hood and the bright light switch was on the floor board. This thing was a tank. I quickly got over the embarrassment once I realized it made a great party and road trip car!  Thanks mom!

8. So even though I complain frequently about being so busy at work, I make sure to save a little bit of time during my day to catch up on my soaps. That's right, I still watch soaps. If I don't have a chance to watch them I like to at least read the recaps. I make sure I have about 15 minutes in my day to catch up and see what is going on in Port Charles, Landview and Genoa City!

9.  Once year, when I was probably in my early twenties, I was haunted house hopping with some friends and walked into a room where Jason was. I didn't know that my friends had told them to call my name out, so when Jason started coming towards me and saying my name, I freaked out and took off running......right into a wall. I fell to the ground, nose bleeding and crying hysterically. They had to turn the lights on and take me to the hospital. My nose wasn't broken, but now I have a bump on my nose as a remembrance.

10. Finally,  I have to admit that I can say almost every Friday afternoon, when I get off work, I stop and pick myself up a drink for the drive home. I mean I have worked hard all week, I have an hour drive and darn it, I deserve it.  It is my toast to the weekend. Some people might frown on this but I know plenty of people that are guilty of this as well and it is one drink and then I am home and can safely resume my Friday night drinks if I choose.

That's it. More to come at a later, undisclosed date!

1 comment:

  1. so if you can't tell I"m catching up on your blog today! I SO wish you had the 1977 Chrysler New Port now! Yes, I Google'd and and YES I laughed VERY hard picturing you driving that thing....bahahha

    ReplyDelete