Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Bucket List

Maybe it is the change in the weather that has me thinking about this. I love the fall, when the weather gets a little cooler and the leaves start to turn. It feels like a new beginning to me even though I know it means the end of summer. Being outside when it is sunny, but not scorching and there is a little bit of wind blowing makes me happy. Football is starting and school is back in session. This time of year always makes me feel rejuvenated. So I started thinking about everything I want to do in the next week, months or even years. Why not get my bucket list in order?!  Wills are depressing and I am too young to put one of those together right now but a bucket list is fun and encouraging. Anyone who knows me knows I love making "To Do Lists", so why not make one for the long haul?  It could also be that between getting Austin to do his schoolwork and potty training Olivia, I am going to have a brain aneurysm at any moment, but either way I felt like making my list! 

(These are not necessarily in the order of importance)

1.  This one is a MUST on my list. I have to be there when my two kids get married and one day make me a grandma (Holy crap! I cant imagine being called a grandma!)

2. I want to swim with the Dolphins. I thought I was going to get my chance when we went to Florida this year, My step mom said she read that it was only $50 at Sea World so when we went and walked up to buy the ticket the lady said it was $200 and we had to sign up at least a day ahead of time.  Bummer!

3. I want to travel to Europe. I wont be picky just somewhere in Europe. I would not really be too excited about the long flight so if anyone knows of a super hero that can travel at lighting speed, let him know I am interested in an overseas trip.

4. I want to have rock hard abs just one time in my life. I don't have to maintain them or anything, but maybe just keep  them for 1 summer.

5. I want to go on a cruise and not necessarily the Disney one!  I would prefer an adult cruise where I could kick back, relax, drink, dance and just enjoy life.

6. I want to trying skiing in the mountains. I would love to stay in a cabin somewhere in the mountains, with snow all around me and then try skiing. I'm sure I am not coordinated enough, but I can at least say I tried.

7. I want to ride a bull. But only if there are several of those clowns standing besides me to catch me and move me to safety as soon as I fall because god knows it will only take a second or two.

8. I would like to go on an all girls trip with some of my closest and dearest friends. Life gets so busy that we lose touch with our girlfriends and that would be something nice to do one last time.

9. I want to get crazy one night and end up the next morning with a tattoo or crazy body piercing. I know weird right?  But it would be hilarious as long as it wasn't too crazy or noticeable.

10. I want to write a novel. I used to write all the time when I was younger and sometimes I really miss it. I don't have the time now, but maybe some day I will.

Well I think that is enough for now. So I guess now that I have a list I need to get working on it. Where should I start?  I am opened to suggestions or offers of help!

1 comment:

  1. I think you should start with number 7 and let me know how that works out for ya. I'd love to try it too, but I think I need to start small...like a donkey or a milk cow.

    ReplyDelete