Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Santa VS the Grinch

Bah! humbug!  that is not me but I have run across several people that have acted that way this year. So lets see who has the Christmas spirit and who has the Grinch's way of thinking.  I have experienced people at work who have passed out Christmas cards to everyone except one person who they don't care for. To me that is so hypocritical. How can you say you are passing along Christmas wishes to everyone except the person you don't like? To me that defeats the purpose. Have we forgotten what Christmas is about? I think a little bit of Grinch slid in there. Christmas is supposed to be about giving and that means to everyone. this includes those less fortunate and those we don't normally get along with. God didn't differentiate between people and either should we. I always worry that I don't have enough money do buy a ton of presents for everyone in my family but what about those people that cant even buy one? I have been thinking about that a lot lately and decided that I should practice what I say and not act like I am all about Christmas. Going to the stores and buying gifts for myself might be fun, but then I think about those people that could use that extra $20 to buy a shirt or pair of jeans. I am selfish. That is how i feel. A lot of us have more than enough money and spend it on each other, but what about the money we could spend on people that have nothing? I realized that today when I had a homeless woman talk to me.It was very humbling.

Think about what you have and what you can give and I hope everyone has a fulfilling Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment