Sunday, December 25, 2011

The Christmas Craze!

Buy, wrap, buy, wrap. Give, receive, give receive. Mess! Excitement! Exhaustion! Sadness!Regret! All of these things are a part of the Christmas craze! One thing or another has left you feeling one of these things! I love the holidays and Christmas with my kids is one of the best things ever! I finally felt the feeling that I did when I was once a kid, and it is something I dont ever want to lose. That is why I feel excitement and sadness at the same time. I told Kenny this morning that it was going to be an emotional day. He was worried that I was pregnent, but it was just because I am an emotional person and at  Christmas I get overwhelmed with happiness.  It was so funny how freaked out Kenny was about having a 3rd baby. He made me take a prego test, didnt believe it so I had to quit drinking and quit smoking until aunt flo visited last night. So funny! He was worried he would have to put up with me for another 18 years instead of 15! 
Anyway....Christmas time brings about so many different feelings and most are good. I hope if this is your first Christmas dealing with a loss, you find comfort in your other family and friends that are still here for you. Buying gifts and traveling from place to place is crazy, but would it really feel like Christmas if we werent doing these things?  Wake up, shower, drive, open gifts, go home, wake up, showe, drive, open gifts, go home. wake up,  open gifts, shower, drive, open gifts, visit, leave, open gifts, eat, leave. That was our past three days. Crazy?  Yes. But I wouldnt change a thing!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. It wouldn't feel like Christmas if we just stayed home all day! Going to visit family is what makes it feel more festive! You need to have a shirt made that says, wake up, shower, drive, open gifts, go home, repeat! :)

    ReplyDelete