Saturday, January 7, 2012

Old friends vs new friends

Hmmm! How to start this blog?  Well the idea came from a night out and the things/post that led up to it! Girls and drama. They are pretty much one in the same. I know over several years experience that if you get a group of girls together, over time there is drama! I have old friends and new friends and each one brings a different thing to the table. There is one girl that I have been friends with since preschool. I have a pic of us sitting on my front porch for the first day of preschool and then another one on the first day of highschool. Who else can show that?. We have taken different paths over the years, but NEVER lost touch. That is amazing! 29 years of friendship and we have always been friends. Every birthday party, graduation, celebration we have been there for each other. I know how lucky I am! That is something I will brag about till the day I die. I love that girl with all my heart!  But not all friendships are that easy. We form many throughout our lives. Some are great and we hit it off from the beginning and others fade out before it even has a chance to grow. But what I do think is that if you say you are someone's friend, that means something and it means that you will be there for that person and whatever happens. If by chance that friendship ends or crosses a speed bump, you don't quit on them or disrespect them. That is the way it is. Like it or not, live up to it! New friends have a chance to form a bond and understanding. It is a little shaky from the beginning but some have a lot of potential to be something great! I love my old friends, but I have made a few VERY good new friends and i just hope they like me for who I am. AHHH. Enough said at 230 in the morning! LOL!

1 comment:

  1. Very true. I love my old friends but I also love meeting new people and making new friends.

    ReplyDelete