Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree!

Once Turkey Day is over, it is game on for the Christmas season! Every year I stress about my  Christamas shopping, but if I am being honest with myself I have to admit I actually thrive on the challenge and intensity of it.  Trying to find the best deal on a gift or finding the perfect gift for someone can be so stressful, but it is a challenge I rise to every Christmas season. I start every year making a list of things that I see in ads that might make good gifts for someone, then I start getting a little more serious as the weeks pass and C-day gets closer. My list starts to get smaller and the names of the stores I need to make trips to gets larger. How can one list get smaller and the other one get bigger? Well that is because I am obsessive about making sure each person gets the "perfect" gift for them. I have also been known to buy something for someone and then see something else that I think is better somewhere else and then I have to turn around and return the other gift!  I understand that I am making it harder on myself, but it makes me feel better.

The other thing I love about Christmas is the decorations and the Christmas tree. Well last year Kenny got the Christamas tree out of storage and brought it into the house. Well guess what?  He plugged it in and half the lights were out!  We messed with it and tried to get them to work but there was no hope. I yelled at Kenny for awhile because I KNOW it was his fault. He never stores the Christmas decorations the right way. He is always in a big hurry to get them put up and he does a half ass job at it. I'm sure that was the reason the Christmas lights werent working. So he heads to the store to get a new tree. Once he got home he took it out of the box and plugged it in and to my horrible dissapointment he had brought home a pre-lit colored tree! Ugh!  How could he do that?!  He knows I love the white Christmas lights!  I was sooo upset and just couldnt believe that he would ruin my  Christmas tree that way! Well I had to suck it up and deal with it, but I think I pouted almost every day. Even with the ornaments it wasnt the same as my old tree.  So this year I am trying to be optimistic about the Christmas tree. I decided that maybe all it needs is some new ornaments that might enhance the colored lights. Maybe make them more appealing to me. I went to the store tonight and started picking out different arrangements of ornaments. I decided on purple and silver. I had about 6 boxes loaded in my cart and a big smile on my face. My tree would look beautiful this year, but then I took a glance at some of the prelit trees they had on display and realized that my purple and silver would look amazing if my lights were white but on a colored tree, not so much :(  Back to the drawing board. By this time the kids were running through the store as if it was their own personal playground and Kenny was staring daggers at me to indicate his impatience.  I finally decided that green, red, gold ornamenrts with gold ribbon on the tree might work with colored lights.  After putting them in my cart and taking them back out 3 times, I decided "WTH, it cant make it any worse!" 

I guess when I out the tree up this weekend I will find out if the ornaments make a difference or not or if I just need to donate the tree and get myself a new one!  Bring on the Christmas spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment