Thursday, October 6, 2011

Take charge or give up?

That is my question today?  At what point do you say "Screw it?" Hmmm...well that could apply to so many different things. Work, housework, losing weight, difficult friends, keeping up with the Jones's. I mean who can keep up with all these things and still be sane?  I know I always complain about how hectic my life is, but that is because I am trying to keep up with all of these things at the same time. I need to give up something. So let's weigh my options.  Work- well that is one of the things I am very good at. I might have a bachelors in Human Resource management, but I am very good and knowledgeable at what I do. For those of you who don't know, I work at Scottrade (brokerage firm). I am the department trainer so I am responsible for training new reps, updating all web material and updating our department manual. I have been very busy this year because there have been many new hires and several big projects rolling that I was in charge of training the reps and updating all our procedures. It has really helped me to grow as a trainer and I feel like I have accomplished a lot. I am proud of my accomplishments so that is one area I have to give 100%. Housework- well you can only let that go for so long before your house starts looking like a pig pen. With two young kids, that doesnt take too long.  I might threaten it every once in awhile but eventually I give in and clean every one's mess up (including Kenny's). Losing weight- that has already fallen to the side. I have gained 10 lbs over the summer! I am hoping once I finish this last project at work on 11/12 I can start focusing on running and working out on a daily basis. I mean I came back after having 2 kids and gaining 60+ with both, I am sure I can lose 10- 15 lbs once I put my mind to it!  Difficult friends- well I better not even go there! The more difficult they are, the more I want to do my own thing.  No room or time for drama :)  Keeping up with the Jones's - I try and do my best, but I know I cant do it all. Some people have more time and are better at some of this stuff than I am, but I feel like I do enough to make myself satisfied. If I tried to do it to that extreme I would be crazy and heavily medicated. Wow!   So I guess the outcome is that there is not much i can cut out of my schedule. I just need to suck it up and things will get better as time goes by.

No comments:

Post a Comment